Sunshine Beach Junior Activities
Sunshine Beach SLSC strives to be at the forefront in the development of our future lifesavers through it’s Junior Activities (Nippers) program.
Sunshine Nippers started in 1994 and is now considered to be one of the most successful and recognised junior sporting programs in Queensland. From Club Sundays to the surf sports arena we aim to provide our young members with confidence, knowledge and skills in a fun and enjoyable environment, whilst promoting fair play, teamwork and a healthy active lifestyle.
The high standards achieved by our Nippers can be attributed to their level of commitment along with the many talents of our very energetic age managers, coaches, parents and supporters.
Download our Junior Activities brochure for more information.
Nippers commenced on Sunday 23rd September so we are well underway this season. Our members are now completing their surf education awards and looking forward to the Branch and State championships for which they are training hard.
The new Nippers season will comence in September 2013.
Membership applications are available at Club reception or download what you need from our Membership page and simply return the completed forms to reception. New Nippers will need to provide proof of age such as a birth certificate or passport.
Get in the Game – Get Started Program
Sunshine Beach Nippers has registered for this program, supported by the Government, to help families with financial assistance to participate in sporting activities. The second round of offers for assistance could help you with the cost of membership to join Nippers and opens just before Nipper sign-on.
Check out the website for more info: http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/index.html
All nippers are required to complete an age appropriate pool swim. The Club will designate a date for you to do this after sign-on or you can arrange an assessment with your swim coach or teacher. Download the pool swim form here.
Download our Nippers Handbook for more details about Nippers this season.
For more information contact Lifesaving Administration email@example.com
Surf Sports Coaching Programs
- Ironperson training, surf swims and beach runs
- Fitness and competition specific sessions
- U11-U14 board training
- U8-U10 & beginners development/board training
- Beach training (sprints & flags) for all ages
Download the current training schedule here
Nippers Swim Squad Subsidies
Available for nipper members during the Nippers season (conditions apply).
U11-U14 Paddleboard Assistance
Sunshine Beach Nippers can help you purchase your own paddleboard. Download a board subsidy form here. If you would like to try out a board before you commit to buying your own you have the option of hiring from the club. Download a board hire form here. Please see the Nippers Gear Steward, Damian Hopkins, when you next attend nippers to determine the best board for you.
All carnival bulletins will be posted here when they come to hand and dates will be advertised in the Sea Eagle (Active Members Newsletter) and on the Surf Sports noticeboard so be sure to check these things regularly.
All competitors are expected to help with fundraising to assist with the cost of carnivals. Members are asked to participate in raffle duties and occasional fundraising events such as community BBQs.
View the raffle roster here…
Want to know more about carnivals and competition, view the Junior Activities Competitors Handbook here…
View the 2012/13 season SLSQ carnival calendar
View the 2012/13 season Branch carnival calendar
Rainbow Beach Juniors Banjo Memorial Carnival – Saturday 13th October. RESULTS
U11-U14 Met Caloundra Teams Carnival – Sunday 28th October. CLOSED
U8-U10 Carnival @ Redcliffe – Sunday 11th November. CLOSED
U11-U14 Westpac Junior Maroochydore Surf Carnival – Saturday 17th November. RESULTS
U11-U14 Maroochy Junior Beach Classic (flags & sprints only) – Saturday 24th November (12.00pm – 3.30pm). RESULTS
U11-U14 Gold Coast City Titles @ North Burleigh – Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December. CLOSED
U11-U13 Young Guns @ North Burleigh – Saturday 19th January 2013. Results
U8-U10 Teams Carnival @ Alexander Headland – Sunday 27th January 2013. CLOSED Bulletin
U8-U10 Branch Titles @ Redcliffe – Saturday 16th February 2013. Nominations re-opened until midday 13/2/13 Bulletin
U11-U14 Branch Championships @ Alexandra Headland Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th February 2013. Results
- Take a look at the bulletin related to the carnival you are considering (bulletins are released when the carnival opens for nominations).
- Add your name to the nomination sheet on the Surf Sports noticeboard and tick the events your wish to enter. The noticeboard is outside lifesaving administration at the club (NB: Club nominations may close a few days before the close date indicated on the bulletin to allow us time to arrange the appropriate number of Officials and Water Safety so be sure to enter as soon as possible to avoid disappointment).
- Your entry fee is paid by the Club. Members who nominate but don’t show up at the carnival may be charged for the cost to the Club.
- If you become ill or get injured before the carnival and need to withdraw your nomination please let your Team Manager know as soon as possible so that we can arrange a replacement for you in any team events and you can avoid a charge for not attending.
- Parents/Guardians are expected to help at carnivals; consider what you can do to help… Official, Water Safety, tent Manager, etc – select the job you wish to do when you sign the nomination form for your child – let your Team Manager know.