Sunshine Beach Surf Life Saving Club began patrols in the season of 1980/1981 making us one of the youngest Surf Lifesaving clubs in Queensland.
We are a community organisation run by volunteers who are dedicated to protecting members of the public who surf and swim at Sunshine Beach; one of the best open beach surfing breaks in Queensland. Anyone can apply to be a lifesaver and we can provide you with all the skills and training required to save a life!
- If you’d like to become a lifesaver please take a look at our Training & Education page for information about gaining your qualifications
- If you’d like to join our Nippers program please view our Nippers page to find out more
- If you are not sure how you fit in, please contact Lifesaving Administration or phone 07 5447 5491 so we can help you find your feet
All members 18 years and over are required to hold a Blue Card (working with children check). Please submit your completed blue card form to club reception. You will need to show your ID when you do this.
- Volunteer application – new card or renewing – must be renewed every 3 years
- Exemption Form for teachers and police officers – no expiry while registered in Queensland
- Link a valid blue card to Sunshine Beach SLSC – authorisation form for members who have a blue card from another organisation such as a sporting club or child care centre
- Change in Police Information Notification – if your police screening information changes you must notify Blue Card Services immediately.
Donate To Surf Lifesaving
The cost involved in putting our patrols on the beach is enormous and our Lifesavers could not provide the services they do without community support.
If you would like to help please call the Club (11am – 6pm, 7 days) on 07 5447 5491 or email our sponsorship officer to make a donation. If you are wondering what the costs involved are please our infographic.