Child & Youth Risk Management Strategy
Statement of Commitment
Every person and organisation bound by this statement of commitment must always place the safety and welfare of children and young people above all other considerations.
The Sunshine Beach SLSC acknowledges that our volunteers and staff provide a valuable contribution to the positive experiences of our junior members. The Sunshine Beach SLSC aims to ensure this continues and to protect the safety and welfare of its junior members. Several measures will be used to achieve this such as:
- Prohibiting any form of abuse against children;
- Providing opportunities for our juniors to contribute to and provide feedback on our program development;
- Carefully selecting and screening people whose role requires them to have regular contact with children.
- Ensuring our codes of conduct, particularly for roles associated with junior sport, are promoted, enforced and reviewed;
- Providing procedures for raising concerns or complaints; and
- Providing education and/or information to those involved in lifesaving on child abuse and child protection.
The Sunshine Beach SLSC requires that any child who is abused or anyone who reasonably suspects that a child has been or is being abused by someone within our organisation, to report it immediately to the police or Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services, and the club’s nominated Grievance Officer – Bill Twigger
All allegations of child abuse will be dealt with promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially. A person will not be victimised for reporting an allegation of child abuse and the privacy of all persons concerned will be respected.
If anyone bound by this statement of commitment reasonably suspects that a child is being abused by his or her parent/s, they are advised to contact the Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services.
Sunshine Beach SLSC
Blue Card Screening Policy
Chaperoning & Supervision of Minors Policy
Club Photographer Policy
Dealing with Police Investigations Policy
Images & Photography Policy
Member Protection Policy
Social Media Policy
Under 7 Activities Policy