Child & Youth Risk Management Strategy
Statement of Commitment
Sunshine Beach SLSC is committed to safeguarding children and young people in our membership. We acknowledge that a child-safe organisation doesn’t just happen; it requires conscious effort to protect children and young people from harm.
Sunshine Beach SLSC will work together to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all children participating in our community. We recognise that our staff, volunteers and members must understand the important responsibilities they each have in relation to child safety. Every person bound by this statement of commitment must always place the safety and welfare of children and young people above all other considerations.
Several measures will be used to achieve this such as:
- Prohibiting any form of abuse against children;
- Providing opportunities for our juniors to contribute to and provide feedback on our program development;
- Carefully selecting and screening people whose role requires them to have regular contact with children.
- Ensuring our code of conduct for people in positions of authority, is promoted and enforced particularly for roles associated with junior sport;
- Providing and promoting avenues for raising concerns or complaints; and
- Providing regular education and/or information to those involved in lifesaving on child abuse and child protection
- Ensuring safeguarding policy and procedures are communicated and understood by relevant staff and members.
Sunshine Beach SLSC requires that If anyone bound by this statement of commitment reasonably suspects that a child within our organisation, has been or is being abused report it immediately to the police or Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services, and the club’s nominated Grievance Officer – Caroline Giles.
All allegations of child abuse will be dealt with promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially. A person will not be victimised for reporting an allegation of child abuse and the privacy of all persons concerned will be respected.
Together we commit to provide an environment where children feel safe, respected and valued.
As the President of Sunshine Beach SLSC, I hereby sign this Statement of Commitment 23rd June 2021.
George (Johnny) Gooderham
Blue Card Screening Policy
Chaperoning & Supervision of Minors Policy
Club Photographer Policy
Dealing with Police Investigations Policy
Images & Photography Policy
Member Protection Policy
Social Media Policy
Under 7 Activities Policy